I don’t always participate in the Sunday Seven. All that it is is a list of 7 things that fit into various categories. But this week I thought I would list 7 things that I am anxiously awaiting for the future. These are just going to be things on the calendar from now through the Christmas season. Just for organizational sake I will list them in chronological order according to the calendar.
1. Trunk or Treat at our church next Sunday night. It’s always fun to see all the trunks decorated. And the kids always have so much fun hanging out with their friends. And we dress Faith up and take her with us. It’s always a fun night for our family.
2. Ron and I are going to Maryland in two weeks. It’s going to be for a State Meeting. But I get to go along and we are going to do a little sight seeing in Washington DC.
3. I’m very excited about our annual family Thanksgiving trip. We didn’t get to go on one last year because we had just bought and moved into our new home. But this year we are back on schedule. We are going to Fall Creek Falls State Park again. I think this is where we are going to go from now on. We really love it there. It is a beautiful place. The hiking trails are wonderful. There are spectacular waterfalls. This year we are renting one of their cabins on the lake. We are planning on doing some fishing too.
4. The Donelson Fellowship annual Christmas Musical production will be Friday, Saturday and Sunday – December 14-16. It’s always so much fun and it’s always professionally done. We have such great talent in our church.
5. This year we will be going to Pensacola at some point for Christmas. Not sure yet when we are going exactly.
6. We are planning on a big family ski trip with Ron’s dad, stepmom and his step-sisters and their families. We are going for just a few days at the New Year. None of us have been skiing before. So, it should be interesting, to say the least.
7. And at some point over the kid’s Christmas break we will also make a trip to Ohio. Not sure when quite yet. But that’s the plan. The kids have 3 weeks off for Christmas break. So, we are taking advantage of the freedom to come and go as we please. We aren’t used to being tied down to the house every day. We’re used to having the freedom to go on trips whenever we want since we have been homeschooling for 5 years.