Today’s 10 on Tuesday assignment doesn’t really do anything for me. So, I decided to go back on the schedule and chose one that I haven’t done yet instead. Anyway, this is a GREAT topic. I encourage you to do it as well -whether you put it on your blog, send it in an email or even just write it in your journal to remind yourself on bad days.
So, here we go – 10 Things That I Love About My Life:
1. The fact that I was born into a Christian home. I have always expressed how grateful I am for this. I can’t imagine what life would have been like in our home (or anyone’s for that matter) without Christ dwelling in it with us. Very sad.
2. Ron. There could not possibly have been a more perfect match for me. In the areas I am weakest he is strong. In the areas I am strong he is weak. We are a perfect match – like peanut butter and jelly!
3. Michael. Michael is growing up to be an incredible young man. He is very intelligent, tender-hearted, thoughtful, protective and gentle young man who brightens my day just by being in it.
4. Lauren. Lauren is a blessing to me. She has always been very attached to me. I remember when she was a baby/toddler and we would be going somewhere in the car – anywhere! – I had to hold her hand. She would stretched her chubby little hand across the front of her carseat and I would stretch my chubby big hand backwards to hers. Sometimes she would let go after a minute or two. But a lot of times it was "important" that we stay that way the whole time. I love that she needs me. She is very independant and social but at the end of the day she will still come over and sit on my lap while we watch TV.
5. I love the fact that I am able to stay at home and not have to work. My illness necessitates that at this point in my life. However, I am grateful that, financially, it is possible.
6. I love that I have a husband who treats me like a queen and respects me. I know there are wives out there who cannot say that. There are wives who are abused in some manner and disrespected in numerous ways by their husbands. I am forever grateful that I have the most amazing husband on earth. His parents did a good job of raising him.
7. Our home and neighborhood. We built our current home in a new neighborhood a couple of years ago. It is beautiful. The neighborhood is very family oriented and quiet. It is very safe. I don’t worry a bit about the kids being outside playing. We had just a few things on our "have to have" list when we were looking to buy a new home. Those things were definitely on the list. And we also live in a cul-de-sac. So, while our yard isn’t very big compared to what we had, we do have the street that the kids can play in. I love sitting on the front porch and watching them play soccer or ride bikes/skateboards in the street.
8. Our church. I think we attend the most amazing church in town. When Michael and Lauren got close to the teenage years we decided that we would move into town (Nashville) so that they could be closer to church. Does that express how much we love our church? There are so many things I love about Donelson – the FABULOUS music, the professional atmosphere of anything/everything that happens, getting to listen to Rob Morgan teach/preach every week, the freedom I feel to worship the Lord, our LifeGroup (SS class) and the fantastic group of teens that we have and minister to.
9. Free Will Baptists. This one may sound a little strange. You may be wondering why I would put our denomination on a list like this. I love being a FWB. I was born a FWB – will always live a FWB – and will, no doubt, die a FWB. All denominations have their "issues" and FWB are no different in that respect. The same problems you find in my church you will find in the Baptist, Nazarene, Church of Christ, Southern Baptist and Non-Denominational church across town. But, just like with your immediate family, if you have a problem you don’t stop loving the family member you have the problem with because they are just that, FAMILY. I love knowing that there are groups of people all across the world who believe what I believe and that bonds us as brothers and sisters in Christ.
10. Friends. I love my friends. They are terrific people who serve the Lord right along side us. There is no other feeling in the world like knowing that you have another like-minded soul to share the good and bad with.
And those are just 10 Things that I Love About My Life. What are yours?