In A Word…..I Have Returned

This is my first entry after my vacation. I’m just glad to be back to the computer after an entire week+ off. I hope that you all have enjoyed the pictures I have posted from my cell phone each day.

Saturday was a very hard day on my Fibro-wracked body. We went to Six Flags. I started going downhill on Friday actually. So Saturday morning I stayed in bed for a couple of extra hours. Ron and the kids went on to the park. Ron picked me up at lunch time. I was feeling much better by the. After about 10 minutes in the park I realized that things were not going to go well for me. All the energy that I saved up in those extra couple of hours in bed were depleted after we were there for about 10 minutes when my right foot, that had surgery 15 months ago, began acting up. So, two and two together – cold, rain and lots of walking – I knew I wasn’t gonna be able to stand in those lines. Ron and the kids were there for 7 hours and only rode 4 rides. That’s how long the lines were. I decided to be proactive as best as I could because I knew that yesterday was going to be a LONG day to get back home. I went back to the front of park and found a bench under an awning out of the rain and there I sat for 3 hours. It was 53 degrees and raining – my foot was swollen up to where I had NO ankle. I bought a Six Flags sweatshirt. I looked for one that I said “I had a crappy day at Six Flags” but they must have been all sold out of those. So, I bought a different one. Two hours later I had gone back into the gift shop to buy a blanket and a pair of sweats. But Ron and the kids showed up then. I was way beyond ready to go. I had been so excited to go to Six Flags and ride roller coasters with my family. We all love thrill rides. I know I’m crazy. But I love the thrill. There were no rides for me.Then we had a 1 1/2 hour drive to our next hotel (closer to the airport and the church Ron was speaking at yesterday morning).

I collapsed in bed when we finally got there. I was worried sick about the flights and airports in store for me to get back home the next day (yesterday). That is another entry entirely. But I do want to say that my week was great. Saturday was the worst day I had. If my foot had no acted up and the rain had not hit I think I would have had a great time. But that’s just not how it worked out. But my Fibro was very well controlled all week long. We did a lot of driving and a lot of walking/site seeing. I was very surprised at how well I did especially considering that I wasn’t able to fly out with the family as originally planned the previous Friday. I hope you can see from the pictures that we all had a really great time.

I tried to keep you, my readers and tweeps, up to date like you were on the vacation with me by sending regular pictures/tweets. I didn’t hear from a lot of you. But some of you went along on the trip with me. I hope that you enjoyed it. I really loved taking all the pictures. There are so many others that didn’t make it here or on twitter. I will post a few here and there in the next couple of weeks.

It feels so good to be back here. I have really missed blogging. If I tweeted it once I tweeted it a million times…..I miss you all! But I am now back. I have had a day of recovery today and will be back in soccermom mode tomorrow. And I will be back on a regular blogging schedule as well. I missed linking up with all of my regular memes. Hope you’re ready to return here and read again because I am BACK!!!!!!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s