As is typical for me, I am a day late and a dollar short. However, I have been seeing various blogs with entries each Monday of things for which they are grateful. This blog hop appears to be based on the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voscamp. Her blog, A Holy Experience, is very moving and the idea is quite compelling. Therefore I will be joining in each Monday by sharing gifts from the Lord that I am thankful for – ultimately leading up to sharing 1000 gifts.
Others have been sharing for a long time now. But I am just beginning so here is the start of my 1000 gifts from God:
1. A most incredibly sensitive, gentle, loyal and faithful husband in Ron
2. A miracle child who has turned into a handsome, smart and talented your man – Michael
3. A gorgeous, quick witted, independent and loyal daughter in Lauren
4. The glorious gift from a loving and faithful Savior – my eternal Salvation
5. The gift of being raised in a Christian home with parents who love the Lord and each other to this very day
6. The protection of the ever present Spirit that lives within me
7. The years we spent homeschooling Michael and Lauren so that they were given a strong foundation in Christ
8. The way God has financially provided for our family all these years that we have remained a single income family so I could be a stay at home mom
9. The comfort of the Word of God that is ever at my fingertips
10. A roof over our heads, trustworthy vehicles and a kitchen full of food
I can see that this challenge will be a blessing. Just sitting here thinking of things I can be thankful for has softened my heart already. I am gonna get out my grateful journal I’ve had for years and start writing in it again. Sometimes we just need a reminder that we have so much to be thankful for.