I decided to revive (thus the CPR title) a blog hop that I have abandoned this summer. I haven’t participated since July 11th. But today I’m getting back on track with Multitude Monday based on Ann Voskamp’s book 1000 Gifts (which I haven’t gotten yet). So, on July 11th I ended with number 68. So I will begin with #69 today.
69 – Pain medicine – As someone with Fibromyalgia pain medicine is my best friend. I’ve tried them all. Right now I’m on Nucynta, which appears to be working for my over all pain. It’s not so great for my headaches. But that’s another blog post completely.
70 – My church – Even though I don’t get to go all the time I do so love it. Is it perfect? No – is yours? But there are people who truly care about me. I went for the first time in a long time this morning. Granted I had to leave early due to a panic attack but I hope to never take my church for granted. Our staff is wonderful. Our pastor is awesome. Our worship is the best. It ministers to my spirit. The Donelson Fellowship, I love you!
71 – Changing of the seasons – We used to live in Central Florida where winter lasts about 2 weeks. The rest of the year it is summer. But I have to say I really enjoy living somewhere that experiences the changing seasons. I love the cool weather that comes dancing in on the wind after the long humid days of summer. And then I love the warm weather that sneaks up on us after the long bitter winter. My Fibro doesn’t like it so much but it’ll get over it.
72 – My friends – I have some terrific friends. I truly do! I have friends from the past who I stay in contact with thanks to the internet. I have friends who check on me thanks to texting. I have amazing neighbors who are like family to me. I hope that occasionally I am able to be as good a friend to them as they are to me. I spend most days thinking I let them down but they assure me that I don’t.
If you have things you are thankful for in your life then you can participate in Multitudes on Monday as well. Follow the link and join us.
It’s hard to believe that the summer is halfway over. Our summers always fly by but this one has gone at warp speed. Nevertheless I am thankful for it. I’m so thankful for it that I’m putting it on the top of my 1000 Gifts list for today.
64. Summer! I’m not even minding the hot weather this year. I’m just enjoying my kids. Maybe because I know next month they will begin their senior year of high school. So, really this is the last summer that we’ll all have in school. NExt summer will be different because we will be getting ready for a new phase of life.
65. Dallas Baptist University – my hubs is away at DBU this week beginning his Doctoral program. I’m thankful for a husband with such ambition who is always applying himself, stretching his mind and improving himself to be a better leader. This doctorate will allow him so many other opportunities in the years ahead. It is the perfect program for him (us) and I’m thankful that they provide it.
66. Faith – yes the spiritual kind but this time I’m talking about the kind that follows me around the house on four tiny little legs. She always makes me smile and loves me unconditionally.
67. My tweeps – I love my friends on Twitter. I feel like they are an extended part of my family. They are always just a tweet away.
68. Ice Cream – I shouldn’t be thankful for ice cream but I am. I bought some of those new freezer bars Magnum today. OH my!! They are like Dove Bars with a layer of caramel between the two layers of chocolate coating the ice cream. Sin on a stick! That’s what that is!
Well, this was a light hearted list this week. I hope that’s allowed. Gonna go link it up now. Join me?
I am getting back on the thankfulness path today with my Multitude Monday post for 1000 Gifts. I’ve taken a couple of weeks off. But there is just too much to be thankful for NOT to share. I suspect you have much to be thankful for as well. I enjoy putting these posts together. When I’m having a bad day I can go back and look over them and they remind me that I really don’t have it as bad as I thought. It gives my brain a 180 degree turn. Does that sound like something you need as well? Do you find yourself seeing the negatives in your life? Try joining us on Ann Voscamp’s blog, A Holy Experience.
My last Multitude Monday post was on June 6. Today I will pick up where I left off there – with #57.
57 – Books! I love to read! It’s such a great distraction to make me refocus. I’ve set a goal for 2011 to read 30 books. I am currently on book #17. So I figure I’m right on schedule. I keep a running list of what I have read, am reading and recommend you read on the page On My Nightstand on my blog if you are interested in checking out some new reads for yourself.
58 – Lauren is home! She has been gone for two weeks to a camping experience she will never forget at JH Ranch. I missed her terribly. I am so glad she is home.
59 – The spiritual growth Lauren experienced. I believe this will affect her relationships here at home as well as her relationship with God.
60 – Truth and Peace starts this week. Truth and Peace is a leadership conference for teenagers of our denomination, Free Will Baptist. Michael has participated the last 2 summers. This will be his 3rd year. He has developed in to quite the leader. I participated in T & P when it began in 1984. I am proud that my son is following in my footsteps.
61 – The power of prayer – I have a friend who is going through a very difficult time in her marriage right now. I feel helpless. I have no idea how to help her in any way. But I know that I can pray for her. I know that God hears my prayers and that He answers them. Prayer is like sitting down on the couch next to God and just chatting with him. Sometimes I don’t even know what to say. Thankfully during those times he can read my heart.
62 – My husband’s job. The summer is always so busy and he is always on the go from state to state. I do have a hard time when he is gone. However, I am so thankful that he has a job that he loves where he can make a difference in the world. His job allows us to live in a one income home. So at a time when so many are struggling in their job and their finances I know how blessed we are.
I will focus on these items today and carry on knowing that there is some good amongst the bad – always!